Skip to main content

Eclipse Phase character resleeving

As a result of my characters backstory, I am currently running a flat. The short and skinny of it is that my character needed a morph quickly that would aid his escape. A Flat was the best choice at the time as it would enable me to go unnoticed in certain circles.

This meant that I would have to give up a lot of aptitude and skill power, which was fine as a compromise solution at the time. And let’s face it, with the prospect of constant re-sleeving, you are always going to face trade-offs in a game like Eclipse Phase.

However, with my Fireteam about to head off-world, I would like to be as close to full power as possible. Who knows what the GM will throw at us, maybe even a gate jump?

I’m currently applying the small size trait as my character is a child and I would like to run with this concept further. So I am going to re-sleeve into a Neotenic morph.

From Chuck’s Eclipse Phase Wiki:

Neotenics are transhumans modified to retain a child-like form. They are smaller, more agile, inquisitive, and less resource-depleting, making them ideal for habitat living and spacecraft. Some people find neotenic sleeves distasteful, especially when employed in certain media and sex work capacities.
Implants: Basic Biomods, Basic Mesh Inserts, Cortical Stack
Aptitude Maximum: 20 (SOM), 30 (all else)
Durability: 30
Wound Threshold: 6
Advantages: +5 COO, +5 INT, +5 REF, +5 to one aptitude of the player’s choice; neotenics count as a small target (–10 modifier to hit in combat)
Disadvantages: Social Stigma (Neotenic) trait
CP Cost: 25
Credit Cost: Expensive

When running a Neotenic my SOM drops to 20, but in return, I get to add +5 to my willpower and increased durability. With a current willpower of 5, this is a welcome trade-off. The social Stigma trait will be frustrating for a character that likes to use social skills as much as possible, but I think being more combat ready is necessary at this point.

Other than the morph change, I’m going to stick with sniper tactics. The limits of long-range weaponry in close quarters combat is more than balanced against the benefits in an outdoor setting.

Comments